Monday 13 August 2007

Out 6th

Finished 6/159 for $92.22, 88 vs. T7 sooooooted. Can't blame him for calling,I only had 5BBs and I'd been pushing pretty wide vs. him earlier, it was BvB and he had the stack to take it. Knew I had to wait for the cards, but lost anyway, gg.

I was short coming into the FT (again) after an interesting hand. I put opp on Ax, two kings on board and flush came on river. I bet 8K into 13K pot, he called with A6. Terrible call obviously, maybe had I been paying more attention I would have noticed what a horrible calling station he was and wouldn't have bet.

I think I played the FT well, there were 5 stacks 10bbs or lower, so I knew that if I played relatively tight considering precarious stack size, there was a chance I could rise up the prize pool. It worked, and I made my move when I had to.

I'm really pleased with my recent MTT scores, it looks like my mid-game is coming together nicely and it's good to reach so many final tables in such a short space of time. I mustn't let myself get overconfident though, I need to keep concentrating and playing at my best.

Jonny

No comments: